jack silver, of counsel
A native Coloradoan, Jack was admitted to the Colorado and Federal Bars in 1973. His practice is diverse, concentrating in business transactions (entity formation, maintenance and contracting related to business opportunities), real estate, civil litigation and estate and succession planning. In addition, Jack has the personal experience of being involved in businesses as both General Counsel and COO of a real estate holding company engaged in development, construction, lending and management services throughout the State of Colorado.
As Of Counsel to the firm since 2006, Jack has had the opportunity to mentor young attorneys associated with the firm as well as consult with other attorneys in a variety of engagements.
- Representation of lenders in a variety of loan originations, as well re-structuring and asset recovery.
- Representation of national title insurance underwriters in matters pertaining to claim defense and special risks including special risks, first coverage of air space in Colorado, reinsurance and agent/company relationships arising in Colorado, Montana, New Mexico and Utah.
- Representation of national title company in 5 year multi-state federal litigation involving three major federal government construction projects with contingent liability claims in excess of $20 Million Dollars.
- Representation of Front Range commercial and residential development companies in land acquisition and entitlement, development and litigation matters. Representation of national and local resort property developers involving land acquisition, development, litigation matters and HUD initial and ongoing registration requirements.
- Representation of a major oil and gas company in the acquisition of water purchases and leases required for production in the Platte River basin.
- Representation of water district in the structure and negotiation of participation in power generation facilities in western Colorado.
- First chair in numerous jury and bench civil trials to verdict in courts throughout Colorado and the United States District Court.
- Multiple appearances before the Colorado Supreme Court, Colorado Court of Appeals and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals pertaining to matters such as lender rights, application of state court jurisdiction of foreign individuals and companies.
- Representation of clients before American Arbitration Association proceedings and Colorado District Court ordered mediations.
- Numerous presentations regarding real property title risks, case law developments and industry best practices to title insurance agents in Colorado and Utah
- Presentations regarding IRC Sec 1031 to multiple title insurance agency closing departments in Colorado
- Presentation of claim litigation management to the Annual Conference of the Colorado Land Title Association
University of Denver College of Law Denver, Colorado
B.A. Economics 1970
Drake University Des Moines, Iowa
Dean’s Honor Scholarship 1967 through 1969
professional and civic affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (retired)
- Colorado Land Title Association, Associate Member (retired)
- Court Appointed Condemnation Arbiter
- Colorado Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee Arbiter
- Greenwood Village, Colorado Planning and Zoning Commissioner (retired)
Jack and Barbara are the proud parents of Erin and Jeffrey Silver and the proud grandparents of granddaughter, Layla. Jack enjoys bicycling, reading, fishing and spectator sports, and particularly enjoys traveling with Barbara.